COVID Sucks Summer 2020 Event
What’s this all about?
Welcome to the COVID SUCKS Summer 2020 fundraiser. Put together by locals, for locals, to help locals!
This is a fundraiser for the Greater Sandpoint Chamber of Commerce as well as a great way to promote economic vitality for our local businesses – and with some great prizes for local shoppers. Here’s how it works:
- Register in person at the Sandpoint Chamber Visitor Center or Sharon’s Hallmark downtown. Our earlier online registration has concluded, but you can still register in person! The Chamber is at 1202 N. Fifth Avenue; Sharon’s Hallmark is at 306 N. First Avenue.
- Registration is just $20. It benefits your Chamber, local businesses … and gets you a chance at great prizes!
- You’ll get a nifty punch card. Think of it as your ticket to the fun and prizes!
- From Friday, Sept. 4 to Monday, Sept. 14, you are encouraged to visit the listed participating Chamber members and make a purchase of an item or service of your choice, from a beer at one of our local brewery members, to renting a kayak or SUP, or whatever you choose.** After making your purchase the business will stamp your card.
- Once your card is filled, bring it to the Chamber of Commerce to be entered into the giveaway. With 10 or more stamps you automatically receive a commemorative COVID SUCKS glass (see below). Or you can purchase more for $10 each.
- You can collect one stamp per business per day. (So as, you know, to avoid purchase of say 20 beers in one day at the breweries!)
Prize Tiers (all have multiple winners!)
- Tier 1: Minimum of 20 stamps – Schweitzer Mountain Resort season pass; (2) Polaris Northstar 60-quart coolers (better than YETI); The Idaho Club golf for four with carts and hats; (2) P2000i Polaris power portable inverter generators
- Tier 2: Minimum of 15 stamps – A growler a month for a year from MickDuffs and Laughing Dog; Elite wine basket from Pend d’Oreille Winery; a pound of coffee a month for a year from Evans Brothers; Facial from Refined Aesthetics; Lake Pend Oreille Cruise; Northwest Autobody car detail and headlamp restoration; swag from the 219 Lounge; merchandise and a goat from Friends of Scotchman Peaks Wilderness
- Tier 3: Minimum of 10 stamps – A variety of gift certificates from participating Chamber businesses
Now get out there and support each other! Go, get registered.
**For example, you can start the day by going to Evans Brothers for coffee, Sweet Lou’s for lunch, Laughing Dog/MickDuff’s/Utara for a beer, Panhandle Cone and Coffee for ice cream, drop by Sharon’s Hallmark for a card for your mom, rent a kayak at Action Water Sports, eat dinner at Trinity or Jalapeño’s … then go home, get some rest, and start again the next day!
First, a big thank you to our sponsors:
Selkirk Association of Realtors • Hendricks Architecture • Sandpoint Reader • Ting • Staples • Berg, McLaughlin & Nelson • Timbersled (Polaris, Inc.) • Keokee :: media + marketing • Sandpoint Furniture
And thank you Elle at Clearwater Gear for the great logo!
Now, here’s where to get those stamps!
Selkirk Association of Realtors
Pend d’Oreille Winery
The Fat Pig
Di Luna’s Cafe
Idaho Pour Authority
Larson’s Department Store
I Saw Something Shiny
Beet & Basil
Art Works Gallery
Panhandle Cone and Coffee
Jalapeño’s Mexican Restaurant
Cropper & Company
Evans Brothers Coffee
Trinity at City Beach
Bonner County Bikes
Lake Pend Oreille Cruises
Sugar Tooth Candy
Keokee :: media + marketing
Action Water Sports
Ponderay + Afield
Sweet Lou’s Restaurant
Laughing Dog Brewing
Schweitzer Mountain Resort
Pack River Store
Friends of Scotchman Peaks Wilderness