- Sandpoint is at an elevation of 2,070 feet and covers 7 square miles.
- The population is 8,100 in Sandpoint and 40,908 in Bonner County.
- The median sale price of a residential property in Sandpoint in 2004 was $228,570, in Hope $307,190, and in Priest River $145,248.
- The closest international airport is located in Spokane, 70 miles from Sandpoint.
- Sandpoint is 450 miles from Boise, 225 miles from Glacier National Park, 200 miles from Missoula, Montana, and only 45 miles from Coeur d’ Alene.
- National forests comprise 470,000 acres of Bonner County, more than the combined total of all private land ownership in the county.
- Lake Pend Oreille is home to a U.S. Navy submarine acoustic testing base because of the depth and silence of its southern waters.
Real Estate and Rentals
Looking for property to either purchase or rent in the Greater Sandpoint community? Find a realtor in our Business Directory.
Banking & Credit Unions
Click on the following links or visit the Business Directory to view other financial institutions.
- AmericanWest Bank
- Horizon Credit Union
- Mountain West Bank
- Columbia Bank
- PotLatch No 1 Federal Credit Union
- U.S. Bank
- Washington Trust Bank
- Wells Fargo & Company
Sandpoint is served by four major highways, a private airport, and railroad transportation. The airport has a 4,600 runway with a local charter service, and the largest international airport is located in neighboring Spokane, WA located 70 miles from Sandpoint. The community is also supported by the Burlington Northern, Amtrak, and Union Pacific railways.
K-12: Sandpoint’s youth (K-12) are served by the Lake Pend Oreille School District, charter schools and private schools.
Colleges and Universities: The community is served by higher education institutes including North Idaho College and Lewis-Clark State College. Within 80 miles are three community colleges: North Idaho College, Spokane Community College, and Spokane Falls Community College. Within 165 miles there are six four-year colleges: Gonzaga University, Whitworth College, Eastern Washington University, University of Idaho, Washington State University, and Lewis-Clark State College.
Childcare & After School Care
Early childhood development is important to working families. Visit the Business Directory to find a provider that meets your needs.
Greater Sandpoint has a wealth of health services available and is served by multiple organizations including the Bonner General Health. Looking for a doctor? Visit Family Health Center or visit the Business Directory to find what you are looking for.
The following are links to some helpful government and non-profit entities to help you either move or start a business in Greater Sandpoint:
- Bonner County
- Bonner County Economic Development Corporation
- City of Ponderay
- City of Sandpoint
- Business Improvement District
- Idaho Department of Commerce
- Idaho Department of Labor
- Idaho Rural Partnership
- Idaho Small Business Development Center
- Ponderay Community Development Corporation
Places to Worship
Over 35 organizations provide a place for individuals and families to worship. Visit our Business Directory.
Wanting to know more about current happenings in Sandpoint? Visit the following media resources available: